Get the facts
- Technology distractions cause up to 50% of car accidents
- The world spends 3 billion hours a week playing video games.
- The American Optometric Association (AOA) found that about 40% of optometrists’ patients experience eye damage due to the use of computer screens.
- 45 % of technology users complain of neck and back pain associated with technology device use.
- Adolescents spend more time awake on electronics than they spend sleeping.
- A study by Cambridge found a person growing up in America today will spend 10,000 hours of their life playing online video games by age of 21.
- About 47% of US teens say that they would be lost without their cell phones, or have no social life.
- The American Psychiatric Association has listed internet gaming disorder in the latest addition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manuel for Mental Disorders used by health professionals to determine and diagnose individuals
- The medical issues that arise from technology overuse are: Migraines, obesity, sleep disturbances, drowsy driving, sleep deprivation, backaches, eating irregularities, eThrombosis, carpal tunnel syndrome, mouse elbow, repetitive use injuries, eye fatigue, and poor personal hygiene.
- According to the American Academy of Pediatrics entertainment screen time should not exceed more than two hours per day. Children that are under 2 years of age are discouraged to any screen exposure.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics states the average child spends 7-8 hours a day in front of a screen. This takes away from quality time, reading, play time, and hygiene. As a result of the screen time, the likelihood of childhood obesity increases.
- Technology overuse can lead to:
- decreased physical activity
- deteriorated patience
- elevated exasperation
If you have lost control, lied, or possibly risked a relationship to support your technology overuse behavior these are warning signs to a possible addiction. Why wait until it is too late to seek out help?
Take the first step to taking back by your life from the control of technology and contact us to aid you with balancing your life
If you or someone you know is suffering from a technology addiction, you are not alone and we are here to help. Please reach out to us today, you deserve to live a happy, healthy, balanced life! Your call is confidential and will be handled by a trained caring health professional. Call 786-505-6419 to talk about technology addiction counseling today. Thank you for your interest in Reboot & Recover.
All calls and inquiries are confidential and screened by a trained and licensed health professional. Our network of licensed health professionals will effectively diagnose and treat:Internet Addiction,Social Media Addiction,Internet pornography addiction,Gambling Addiction,Cyber bullying