Internet and Technology Addiction
Experts define technology addiction as the tendency to excessively engage in activities involving a cell phone, Internet, and social networking sites like Facebook.
Addictive usage of technology can be determined by the four Cs:
- Craving (desire to engage in these behaviors)
- Control (experiencing inability to control these behaviors)
- Compulsion (engagement in such behaviors despite there being no need for it), and
- Consequences (experienced effects due to engagement in these behaviors).
Do these behaviors concern you? Have you seen these behaviors in yourself or your family? If you want to learn more about technology addiction, please take advantage of the assessment below.
Internet and technology addiction test
Answer “yes” or “no” to the following questions:
- Do you spend increasing amounts of time on internet related activities?
- Do you feel a heightened sense of joy when involved in internet activities?
- Do you have numerous failed attempts to control your internet use?
- Does your internet use cause your family and friends to feel neglected?
- Are you consecutively craving more time on the internet?
- Are you feeling restless when not engaged in the internet related activity?
- Are you dishonest with others about your internet use?
- Is your internet use interfering with job and/or school performance?
- Do you feel guilty, ashamed, anxious, or depressed as a result of your internet using behavior?
- Are your experiences changes in your sleep patterns?
- Are you experiencing physical changes such as weight gain or loss, backaches, headaches, or carpal tunnel syndrome?
- Are you withdrawing from other pleasurable activities to engage in internet use?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you may be addicted to the internet.
These are common warning signs that you have lost control, lied, or risked a relationship to support your addictive behavior. Why wait until it is too late to seek out help?
Take the first step to taking back by your life from the control of technology and contact us to aid you with balancing your life
All calls and inquiries are confidential and screened by a trained and licensed health professional. Our network of licensed health professionals will effectively diagnose and treat a wide variety of addiction and mental health issues.If you or someone you know is suffering from a technology addiction, you are not alone and we are here to help. Please reach out to us today, you deserve to live a happy, healthy, balanced life! Your call is confidential and will be handled by a trained caring health professional. Call 786-505-6419 to talk about technology addiction counseling today. Thank you for your interest in Reboot & Recover.
Help make a difference today! Make a donation that will help us make a change in the lives of South Florida families! Reboot & Recover is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization; we exist solely with donations and rely on the generosity of individuals like you. Please consider donating today. Click on the button below to donate safely with PayPal